ACE art takes place in the Pinney Room every Wednesday morning 10.00 to 12 noon: http://www.acearts.co.uk/
Age UK runs Movement to Music every Monday morning in the main hall from 10.15 to 11.15am: http://www.ageuk.org.uk
Arthritis Care meets on the first Thursday of each month in the Pinney Room from 7 to 9.30pm: http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk
Fitness League meet every Tuesday morning from 11.30am to 12.30pm:
Green Gardeners meet on the last Monday evening of each month (but not in the summer) from 7.30pm: http://mikek.org.uk/greengardeners/
Line Dancing - beginners and improvers - takes place every Thursday morning from 11am to 12 noon: http://www.lindaslineup.com
Marmaduke Cradock Trust owns a collection of historical items about Somerton which is open in the Pinney Room most Saturday mornings from March to October. There is also the Somerton Museum website: www.somertonmuseum.org.uk
Moviola offers communities a complete cinema service. Here in Somerton, the Friends of the Parish Rooms, arrange monthly showings of popular films. Tickets (£6) can be bought from Cobbs in the Brunel Precinct up to four weeks in advance, or on the door (open at 7pm). Films start at 7.30pm. Refreshments are served before the film and in the interval.
- Saturday, 13 April "The Wife" Please note change of date.
- Saturday, 18 May "Stan and Ollie"
- Saturday, 15 June "Sometimes Always Never"
- Saturday, 13 July "Bohemian Rhapsody" 2pm with special tea, tickets £10. Please buy in advance from Cobbs as numbers are restricted to 60.
Rummikub is played on the second Tuesday afternoon of the month in the main hall. It is arranged by the Friends of the Parish Rooms.
Somerton Bee Keepers Association meet at 7.30 pm on the 3rd Thursday during the winter months: http://www.somersetbeekeepers.org.uk/somerton
Somerton Quilters meet on the first and third Monday afternoons in the main hall from 2-4pm.
Somerton Group of Artists meet on the second Wednesday of each month from September to April at 7.30 pm in the Hall: http://sgpa.webplus.net/
Somerton Dramatic Society’s pantomime takes place in the Hall each February with rehearsals taking place from September on: http://www.somerton.co.uk
Somerton Youth Drama sessions take place in the main hall on Monday evenings in the summer. http://www.somerton.co.uk
Somerton History Society meets on the fourth Thursday evening in the main hall 7.00 for 7.30pm. Visitors welcome: http://www.somertonmuseum.org.uk
Somerton Wildlife Group meets in the Hall at 7.00pm on the second Tuesday of the month: http://www.somersetwildlife.org
Tai Chi takes place every Thursday morning from 9.30 to 10.30am in the main hall.
There are several U3A groups which use the Parish Rooms:
- Art group meets in the main hall on the first Tuesday afternoon each month from 2.30 to 4.30pm
- Art History meets in the Pinney Room on the third Monday afternoon each month from 2.30 to 4.30pm
- Card Craft meets in the Pinney Room on the first and second Friday morning each month from 10am to 12 noon
- European Studies takes place on the third Friday morning of each month in the Pinney Room from 10am to 12 noon.
- Exercise Class takes place on the first and third Friday mornings from 10.30am to 11.30am
- Geology meets in the main hall on the third Tuesday afternoon each month from 2.30 to 4.30pm
- History meets in the Pinney Room on the second Tuesday morning each month from 10am to 12 noon
- Kurling takes place in the main hall on the 2nd and 3rd Wednesday afternoon from 2pm to 4pm
- Ukulele meets every Thursday afternoon in the main hall from 2.30pm to 4.30pm
UFO (UnFinished Objects) is a stitching group who meet every Tuesday afternoon in the Pinney Room from 2 to 4pm. Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Women's Institute hold their meetings on the first Tuesday evening each month in the main hall at 7.15pm: http://www.thewi.org.uk
Friends of the Parish Rooms Harvest Supper: Saturday 6 October, time tba